Saturday 17 March 2012

Japanese TV - Gaki no Tsukai

I had a new idea for an extra type of post on this blog, and that is Japanese TV. I, like most of us, used to stereotype Japanese TV as mad, unusual, and weird (and quite a lot of it is) and it is this type of TV that makes me love Japan. They are not afraid to create something weird and put it on at a primetime slot, and to an outsider it appears they are not just trying to please shareholders like Western studios appear to, and are more interested in making sure that their program is entertaining.

One such show is Gaki no Tsukai. I was told about this show a friend of mine, @Bekkii_chan , whilst we were completing a charity walk with our Tae Kwon Do club. The show is quite similar to Takeshi's Castle but on a larger more extreme scale, as the videos below of a 24 hour game of 'tag' will show. There were 5 episodes of this I believe, and I have only seen the first one but will definitely be seeing the others if I can find them online.

I hope you enjoy the videos as much as I did. If you are a fan of Takeshi's Castle you will definitely love this. The entire show lasts for around an hour and a half so you may wish to watch it over a few days like I did or make some space in your diary to see it, as it is hilarious.












No comments:

Post a Comment